Babeina Help Center logo
Babeina Help Center logo

All articles

Sterling SilverUpdated 2 years ago

Sterling silver contains 92.5% pure silver (also called “925 silver”) and is considered a precious metal. The rest of the alloy is (7.5%) copper, strengthening the piece without compromising its appearance. This type of silver is commonly used for jewelry because it is durable and resistant to tarnishing. The "925" stamp on a piece of jewelry indicates that it is made of 925 sterling silver.

How to store

  • Store the silver in a cool, dry place, away from humidity and direct sunlight. A tarnish-preventive bag or a lined jewelry box can help protect the silver from the air.
  • Avoid storing multiple pieces of silver in contact with each other, as this can cause scratches. Instead, wrap each piece individually.

How to clean

  • Clean the silver thoroughly using a mild soap and warm water or a specialized silver cleaning solution. Dry the silver with a soft cloth.
  • Use a silver polishing cloth to wipe your silver regularly to remove any tarnish and keep it looking shiny.
Was this article helpful?